Holiday Club Volunteer
Our children and young people’s holiday and after school club keeps bellies full and minds inspired. All who join us participate in drama, dance, arts, crafts, sport with a healthy meal and fruit available for everyone and a free trip as well.
The role as a Holiday Club Volunteer
- Creative volunteers who enjoy working with children and their parents/carers to help facilitate fun activity sessions such as arts & crafts, storytelling, games, sports, fitness (Zumba, yoga) music, drama and any other fun activities.
- Support our Holiday Club Leads; helping to distribute activity packs and packed lunches for children, and assisting with the running of our kids' activity sessions. You will also be keeping a record of the families who attend.
- Communicating with families and children within your local community.
- Notify or report any potential safeguarding concerns of the holiday club lead.
- Participate activities include creative workshops, fitness sessions, outdoor activities including sewing seeds and learning about pollinating, well being workshops and much more.
- Interested in general volunteering.
Skills you will gain:
- Facilitation of all activities for Parents/Carers and their children.
- Setting up equipment and making sure all areas are safe.
- To work face to face with the children and their parents/carers registered with the club.
- Ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating environment.
- Ability to supervise lunchtime refreshments for the children and their families.
- To ensure an agreed good standard of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained.
- To be able to provide appropriate basic first aid and record any incidents according to school policy and procedures.
Skills we are looking for
- Previous experience of working in a childcare environment is desirable but not essential as all relevant training will be given.
- Follow guidelines and procedures for Safeguarding in accordance with Spring Community Hub policies and procedures.
To attend regular meetings set out by the Holiday Club Project for volunteers to receive information, advice, training and peer support. We are looking for volunteers who can commit at least 4 hours a week on an ongoing basis. Full DBS check and travel expenses covered.