- Could you support the running of our Older People's social groups, so that Time and Talents can provide a safe, stimulating and fun environment to our members. Volunteer duties include:.
- Socialising with group members, and helping to ensure everyone feels welcome and included.
- Making tea/coffee and sandwiches for group members.
- Helping to set up for the group and pack down afterwards.
- Ideally, helping with moving table and chairs (training on safe lifting and handling will be provided).
You'll help to make our older people's social groups a success. Members tell us that attending our groups: * Improves their emotional and/or physical health and wellbeing. * Gives them a strong sense of belonging to and feeling part of a community. * Provides a welcome opportunity to make new friends and to meet local people from other backgrounds.
You'll develop your interpersonal skills and gain experience of supporting older people. We will train you in working with older people, including safeguarding and confidentiality. You will also receive training in safe lifting and handling, and food safety. We'll provide you with lunch and pay your travel expenses (with receipts). We will conduct a DBS check with you before you start.
We need someone who can volunteer from 12.30-3.30pm on Tuesdays (at our community centre in Rotherhithe) and/or Fridays (at our second venue in Surrey Quays).
We need someone with:
* Good people skills
* The ability to work as part of a group, and use your own initiative
* Understanding of, and empathy with, the needs of older people
* A calm manner, patience and sensitivity
* Time management skills
* Reliability and punctuality
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!