Time & Talents is a lively, busy community organisation based Rotherhithe, Canada Water and Bermondsey. Set in a leafy heritage venue in an old mortuary (which is much nicer than it sounds!), as well as in T&T2, our second venue in Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Time & Talents has something for everyone.
We have a history stretching back 135 years. Since day one we’ve been supporting local people of all ages, and bringing people together for mutual support, fun and friendship. With a wide range of activities at our centres, along with volunteering and schools’ outreach projects across local neighbourhoods, we work to help everyone feel part of a community.
We see a core part of our work as providing ways for people to connect and share their time and talents, including a wide range of volunteering opportunities, skills-sharing, and opportunities to socialise. We want to connect neighbours close and far, to reduce isolation and build a supportive, resilient community.
‘To help create a world where everyone feels part of a community – and where nobody feels lonely, or left behind.’
- Increase the happiness and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
- Make sure no-one has to feel lonely, isolated or excluded, especially those most in need.
- Help people feel active, engaged and empowered.
- Build a strong sense of place, shared experience, and shared social capital.
- Help people help each other, by sharing their time and talents.
How we deliver this
- Groups to foster social relationships.
- Individual support for people in need.
- Activities to develop talents, confidence, skills.
- Projects to empower and improve our local community.
- Events to bring everyone together.
- Opportunities to help others and to get involved.
- Space for community activities.
At Time & Talents, we want to create a world where everyone feels part of a community – and where nobody is left out, or left behind.