We are looking for volunteers who can commit at least 4 hours a week on an ongoing basis.
Full DBS check and travel expenses covered.
Volunteers receive information, advice and training
Weekly meetings are held on Saturday for 1 hour
The role as a Finance/Debt Caseworker
- Working in a team with other volunteers who provide support with employment, housing, immigration, welfare, health, wellbeing, training, personal and professional development and other areas of challenge that clients might be facing.
- Providing advice to clients who are experiencing money problems and offering this service to friends, carers, relatives and professionals involved in supporting them.
- Equipping people with the right knowledge and skills to manage their personal finances.
- Offering support in communities that don't usually have access to money advice due to language barriers or simply not knowing how the UK system works.
Skills you will gain:
- Complete the debt advice process with clients by providing advice and casework on a range of debt solutions and strategies.
- Provide advice and casework on welfare benefits including benefit checks and helping with initial claims, mandatory reconsiderations and appeals.
- Work as part of a team to ensure smooth delivery of the service and excellent client care. Work flexibly with an understanding that this is a new and developing service.
- Continue to develop knowledge of welfare benefits and money advice to meet the needs of the service.
- Take on feedback from a variety of stakeholders and contribute to innovative changes and adaptations to service delivery.
- Ensure records are kept up to date and accessible to other team members and that casework is maintained effectively.
- Contribute to our online library of money related resources, compiled and updated by the team
Skills we are looking for
- Can demonstrate a commitment to delivering a quality based service where knowledge and skills are shared.
- Works in an inclusive way
- Embraces our culture and values
- Puts those we serve at the heart of everything we do
- Can consistently deliver high quality services to support our communities and beneficiaries
Additional but not necessary-
- We work with a large number of people from Latin American communities and are particularly keen to hear from volunteers who speak Spanish
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate and empathetic workshop chairs to support with the safe running of the workshops.