To attend regular meetings taking place every other Friday for volunteers to receive information, advice, training and peer support. We are looking for volunteers who can commit 1 day per week (or equivalent thereof) on an ongoing basis
The role as a Finance Administration Volunteer
- Enter all donations, invoices, payments and receipts on to spreadsheet on a weekly basis and file hard copies.
- Negotiates and purchases office supplies in accordance with purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Reconcile bank statements and be the first point of contact for the bank.
- Make payment of authorised invoices and exercise credit control on all invoices.
- Ensure that all donations are processed, reconciled and banked.
- Ensure that adequate supplies are kept on hand (meeting, foodbank and all hub sessions, etc.)
- Prepare the monthly management account /cash flow and update cash flow.
- Supervise and maintain all bank mandates.
- Follow all policies and procedures including safeguarding policy and health and safety policy.
- Carry out tasks under the guidance of the Manager.
- Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Manager.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude in all SCH related activities
Skills you will gain:
- Practice money management and inputting relevant information to our spreadsheet and other database systems
- Learn the practise of negotiating and purchases required in our office
- Organization skills in accordance with our policies and procedures in finance related matters.
Skills we are looking for:
- A can-do attitude towards the activities of this role.
- Experience of customer service or dealing with a diverse range of people.
- Good listening skills and IT skills (opportunity for development).
- An ability to communicate well and with confidence when handling enquiries.
- Awareness of the Welfare System and circumstances that may bring people to our service.
- A non-judgemental attitude towards people’s problems and challenges faced in their lives.
- A warm and friendly approach.
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.