Clinic Support Workers work in our Stratford clinic, they support people to access healthcare services and act as advocates. They liaise with NHS service providers to link the service users to the care they need.
Comitment: 2shifts per month-6months
• You will be the first point of contact for patients in a health promotion setting.
• Listening to peoples’ needs and identifying other support services.
• Helping patients with GP registration and administration needs & advocating on their behalf to NHS services.
• Taking on in-depth and complex casework where people seeking support may face significant barriers to accessing healthcare.
• Completing data collection forms with people engaging with our services. • Liaising with internal staff and volunteers.
You will become part of our committed, enthusiastic and impactful team. Volunteering with us is a great way to give something back to the community, meet new people, learn new skills and strengthen your CV. And, what’s more, we can give you a great reference for future employers.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life. If you are welcoming, passionate about upholding rights to healthcare, enjoy challenges and working in a team, then consider joining us!
If you are welcoming, empathetic, a good listener and passionate about upholding the right to healthcare, this role could be a great fit for you! Clinic Support Workers are the main point of contact for patients who visit our clinic. They carry out interviews with patients to determine their needs and to provide appropriate advice and support. They act as advocates and liaise with NHS service providers to link people to the healthcare they need.
• The desire to help people in vulnerable situations.
• Knowledge of the UK healthcare system.
• Non-judgmental attitude towards patients from diverse backgrounds.
• Good social and communication skills.
• Able to commit to two clinic shifts per month for six months.
• Fluency in English.
• Confident telephone manners.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft, Google and Outlook) and ability to work across multiple platforms/documents.
• Fluency in other languages and confidence working with interpreting services are desirable but not essential.
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!