The Lewisham Warm Space Hub will activate an empty retail unit at Lewisham Shopping Centre providing opportunities for the community to access health and wellbeing services and physical activity sessions.
A consortium with Landsec (the developer of the shopping centre), Lewisham Council, the Felix Project and London Sport has been formed to work together on activating the unit in Lewisham Shopping Centre. In the short-term, the hub will provide food, physical activity and resources during the winter months, providing essential support to the community during the winter months, and the unprecedented cost of living crisis.
Hours can be flexible depending on the volunteer availability. We would ask volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours per week in line with opening hours of the space.
You will get to be part of something amazing! You'll get to meet lots of new people and learn many new skills!
We are also interested in inviting students studying health promotion, psychology, sports science or any clinically informed courses along to support physical activity sessions for people with long term health conditions and/or young women and girls 13-18, in addition to those seeking skills development in mentoring/counselling etc.
- to meet and greet participants,
- offer a warm welcome
- support with teas and coffees
- adhering to health and safety
- support with food distribution
- ensure participants are signed in to physical activity sessions
- Support the CommUNITY Warm Space Coordinator with practical and administrative tasks as required
- Bring any skills you might have to enrich the space! (digital skills, arts and crafts etc)
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.