Join in and support these important sessions.
Meet mental health and wellbeing members - relax, play games (Scrabble, pool, chess etc.) and enjoy each other’s company.
Meeting fantastic people in a voluntary sector setting
- Gain experience of working in the mental health field
- Have the opportunity to practice and develop communication skills
- Gain knowledge of how people recover from and/or live with a mental health difficulty
- Bolster knowledge and experience for career path in mental health (past volunteers have gone on to train as adult mental health nurses/train in psychology)
- Knowledge/experience of voluntary sector work
- We can provide one day of basic training in mental health in variety of topics e.g., women and mental health, self-harm, introduction to mental health
- Warm and welcoming manner
- Friendly personality
- Ability to support and encourage a wide range of people
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!