Blackfriars Settlement is a registered charity based in London SE1 for over 130 years that aims to create and provide community services and support. Whether you want to learn new skills or to have fun and make friends, we have something to suit you.
All of our work is guided by five aims:
- Supporting the achievement of individual aspirations
- Promoting physical and mental well-being and independence for all
- Promoting learning and development - formal and informal
- Promoting digital inclusion
- Being a focal point in the community
We offer a wide range of services and activities, supporting people to achieve their goals and improve their well-being;
We are a partnership of community members, volunteers and staff;
We are a welcoming family where every individual matters and is unique;
We believe that we are stronger when we live, learn and laugh together.
We value people as individuals, each with their own aspirations and needs. We exist to listen and respond to the needs of our community. We believe that:
- Everyone has the right to improve their education, their wealth and their happiness;
- Everyone must treat each other as equals because each of us owns an equal share in this community. We recognise and respect difference and diversity;
- We gain trust and respect from other people by being honest, dedicated, hardworking, friendly and supportive;
- We must encourage people in our community to join us as trustees, staff and volunteers. We are always looking for new ways to work and co-operate with other organisations;
- We must deliver an excellent service so we must spend time improving our skills and developing new ones.
These values are the inspiration for everything we do and everyone we work with.