The Admin Volunteer reports to the Service coordinator or project worker.
- Support the mental health and wellbeing service administrative systems.
- To input weekly attendances and update records in our spreadsheets.
- Maintain and keep up to date an information bank of client information, services and community groups which can provide additional or alternative services for members.
- Contribute to the development of promotional materials.
- Take part in preparing and collating service user feedback and evaluation forms.
Being part of the Mental health and Well-being service
The volunteer will gain experience of working in the mental health field within a community organisation. This is an opportunity to practice and develop communication and teaching skills as well as helping to make a difference in the community, and improving the lives of our members. Volunteering at Blackfriars Settlement will give the volunteer some knowledge and experience of working in the voluntary sector
- Warm, welcoming, calm attitude, and friendly personality
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good computer skills , e.g. word processing, internet and email use
Flexible and able to take initiative
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.