Do you want to empower young people to become active citizens for our planet?
Engage the imaginations of young people in primary education on the topic of environmental and wildlife conversation?
Sign up to Volunteer with us…
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- We’re looking for volunteers to deliver workshops to primary schools in the London area, either in-person or remotely via zoom
- We’re focusing on wildlife conservation and habitat protection – to deepen young people’s knowledge, enable them to explore their own values and attitudes and develop key skills so they feel empowered to take part in positive action
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- You will working in a small team of volunteers and deliver a short session to a class of 30 children
- Each session has been prepared in advance and includes interactive educational content and a mixture of short talks and fun activities
- Our sessions are currently focused on Key Stage 2 – so children will be aged between 7 to 11
- Due to the pandemic we are delivering the program either in-person or remotely via zoom, depending on the preferences of the schools
- Inspire young people to engage with wildlife and environmental conservation.
- Meet other like-minded people volunteering with us as workshop facilitators
- Learn valuable, transferable skills
You don’t need to be an expert on conservation and the environment - we’ll provide the training, materials, and resources that you will need. What you do need is to be:
- Passionate about building a better world for our communities, wildlife, and the environment,
- A good communicator and a confident public speaker
- Comfortable and enthusiastic to work with children
If you’d like to volunteer, we’ll need you to:
- Complete a short application form
- Meet with us for an introductory chat - to help us find the opportunity that best meets your interests, availability and experience
- Complete a DBS check to enable you to access the schools we work with
- Attend a 2 hour online training course – to build the skills and knowledge needed to deliver an excellent session for young people, whilst developing some valuable transferable skills
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.