Become a Mentor! Make a difference to a child in London
The Kids Network is looking for committed, fun and passionate volunteers to make a difference to the children of London. Our structured mentoring programme for children aged 8 -11 years old supports their social and emotional development before they transition into secondary school.
What will I do as a volunteer mentor?
- Hold weekly sessions, lasting 1-3 hours over the course of one year
- Support a child during a crucial stage in their social and emotional development
- Focus on the individual needs of your mentee-building confidence, supporting resilience and developing the tools to manage feeligns for a positive future
- Join our peer to peer network of mentors, building role confidence and sharing knowledge and experiences
- Receive individual support from The Kids Network team, throughout the full year.
- Positivity: Embraces fun and positive thinking
- Commitment: Attends all mentoring sessions and demonstrates patience and understanding in the face of challenges
- Communication: Communicates well with children, young people and The Kids Network using compassion
- Resilience: Meets challenges with optimism, seeing them as an opportunity to learn
- Professionalism: Complies with all of TKN policies and procedures particularly regarding safeguarding
- Non-judgemental: Demonstrates kindness and openness and does not impose personal values
- Solution-focused: Offers guidance and constructive feedback with compassion and understanding.
Please note that due to legal requirements, if you have lived abroad over the last 5 years for 3 months or more, we will require a DBS from that country so processing may take longer.