Our fundraising research and mailings volunteers help our regional fundraising teams to make sure we have a good understanding and reach within the communities we work in
As Fundraising Research and Mailings volunteer, you will be:
- Researching potential targets for fundraising campaigns (e.g. lists of schools, voluntary groups, sports clubs, leisure centres etc)
- Building databases of contacts and keeping them up-to-date
- Writing letters/invitations to inform contacts of events or charity
- Undertaking posting out mailings of letters to contacts – this includes printing, stamping and posting
- Providing your Regional Development Manager with research reports within agreed timeframes
You will be meeting new people in your community, and undertake research projects to expand the fundraising team. You will have the opportunity to develop new and existing skills in fundraising, management, communication and organisational skills and you will receive training on our CRM system Raiser’s Edge.
You'll get state-of-the-art training, including GDPR, Safeguarding and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and important training on CRM systems eg. Raiser's Edge
You'll learn all about the ins-and-outs of fundraising communications.
You'll learn to trust yourself, work with others and build relationships.
You'll bring an interest in fundraising, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience of using the internet to carry out research.
The most important thing to bring is enthusiasm - we'll handle the rest!
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!