We are looking for volunteers who can commit at least 2 hours a week on an ongoing basis when on Tuesdays the session are held. Full DBS check and travel expenses covered. To attend regular meetings taking place every other Friday for info, support
The role as a Clothes Bank Assistant
- Sort clothes parcels
- Pack clothes parcels
- Sort donations into specified storage groups (i.e size and gender)
- Possibly collecting donations from pickup points or donors that are unable to drop off
Skills you will gain:
- Having access to clothing plays a vital role in mental health, especially self-esteem. Providing suitable and needed items to our clients has a greatly positive impact on their quality of life and mental well being.
- You will be benefiting the environment by extending the lifespan of clothing. In turn helping to control the increase of clothing found in landfills and reducing the amount of clothes being thrown away
- The people who come to our center go through difficult times on a daily basis. You will be part of a project that is making a big difference in the community.
Skills we are looking for
- Good organizational skills
- Experience of customer service or dealing with a diverse range of people
- Good listening skills
- An ability to communicate well and with confidence when handling enquiries
- A non-judgemental attitude towards people’s problems and challenges faced in their lives
- A warm and friendly approach
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.