We are looking for volunteers who can commit at least 3-4 hours a week depending on site on an ongoing basis. Full DBS check and travel expenses covered. Can be done face to face or virtually.To attend regular meetings taking place every other Friday
The role as a Referral Team Member
- Working in a team with other volunteers who provide support with employment, housing, immigration, welfare, health, wellbeing, training, personal and professional development and other areas of challenge that clients might be facing.
- Receiving Referrals by telephone or email
- Contacting clients to arrange assessment sessions and undertaking assessments
- Developing an Action plan with guests and identifying the best Centre/ Programme of Support
- Developing and Maintaining the database to ensure client details are correct and keeping accurate and up to date records of support. Undertake data entry tasks.
- Leading on Guest Reviews and monitoring
- Liaising with internal and external agencies/ providers in order to better support guest needs
Skills you will gain:
- This role requires a 30 minute interview with the Hub Advice Manager
- Scheduling appointments, sending reminders, and providing guests and agencies with information about referral appointments.
- work closely with the Hub Manager and Foodbank Team to ensure guests receive Food parcels and help to review and monitor guest progress, identify change in circumstances , identify additional support and develop Actions plans and signposting for further support to internal projects or externally
- Bring to the attention any concerns regarding the day-to-day operation of the food bank centers to the Hub Manager or Operations Manager
- Communicate with referral agencies in response to queries or issues arising from requests presented by clients at the foodbank centre.
- In addition to providing additional support and guidance needed to ensure guests and agencies have the best possible service/ experience.
Skills we are looking for
- Experience of customer service or dealing with a diverse range of people
- Good listening skills
- An ability to communicate well and with confidence when handling enquiries
- A professional and friendly phone manner
- Some experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of data entry
- Awareness of the Welfare System and circumstances that may bring people to our service
- A non-judgemental attitude towards people’s problems and challenges faced in their lives
- A warm and friendly approach
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!