Support our 'After school club' leads helping to distribute activity packs and packed lunches for children, and assisting with the running of our kids' activity sessions. You will also be keeping a record of the families who attend.
- Communicating with families and children within your local community.
- Notify or report any potential safeguarding concerns of the holiday club lead.
- Participate activities include creative workshops, fitness sessions, outdoor activities including sewing seeds and learning about pollinating, well being workshops and much more.
- Interested in general volunteering.
Skills you will gain:
- Facilitation of all activities for Parents/Carers and their children.
- Setting up equipment and making sure all areas are safe.
- To work face to face with the children and their parents/carers registered with the club.
- Ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating environment.
- Ability to supervise lunchtime refreshments for the children and their families.
- To ensure an agreed good standard of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained.
- To be able to provide appropriate basic first aid and record any incidents according to school policy and procedures.
Skills we are looking for
- Previous experience of working in a childcare environment is desirable but not essential as all relevant training will be given.
- Follow guidelines and procedures for Safeguarding in accordance with Spring Community Hub policies and procedures.
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.