You will work with the King's sustainability team and student volunteers to understand the barriers in place to embedding Education for Sustainability (EfS) into the curriculum at King's and develop an Efs strategy which responds and identifies solutions to overcome these barriers.
You will receive Community Organising training - which will empower and enable you to deliver 121 conversations with academics across King's. In these 121s, you will better understand what barriers academics face to embedding EfS within the curriculum.
You will help us develop the timeline and goals of this project - which will be running across the 22-23 academic year.
One you have completed you 121s with academics, you will help us to develop an EfS strategy for King's and collate resources which will provide support to academics when practiclly builsing EfS into the curriculum - shaping these resources off the back of the barriers expressed in the 121s.
- Connect with likeminded students
- Develop your own understanding of sustainability, in relation to your course and career goals
- Develop strategic thinking
- Gain project management skills
- This project can be added to your CV, to show future employers
- You will get the opportunity to make real and practical sustainable change at King's
- You will get the opportunity to shape the direction of this project with the King's Sustainability Team
- Community Organising skills - key skills to grassroots activism and campaigining
- How to make change
- How sustainability can be built into any course/career
- Current best practice examples of where EfS exists at King's, and where the gaps still lie
- Learn more about how the Higher Education (HE) system works
- How to run a project and strategise
Passionate students who want to make a positive difference!
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate and empathetic workshop chairs to support with the safe running of the workshops.