- Visit an older person in their home once a week for up to 2h
- Spend time getting to know them and to understand what things they may like to do at home (e.g. chess, knitting, reading)
- Offer healthy and fun conversation and encourage them to talk
- Give support to enable them to get out in the community and encourage participation in activities.
- Promote healthy living and wellbeing.
- Accompany on hospital visits or to the GP. Go for a walk, or shopping
- Support older person to find information as requested.
- Make monthly reports on visits carried out
- Acquiring new skills e.g. working with people suffering from dementia or alzheimer’s.
- understanding the needs of older people and advocating on their behalf
- improving self confidence
- meeting new people
- helping to make a difference in the community and the life of an older person
- reporting and admin skills
- experience and understanding of the working environment of a local charity
We are looking for undergraduates, postgraduates, staff, and alumni who would be able to tutor a young person aged 14-18, online, one hour a week in term-time Autumn 2022- Summer 2023 to support them with their academic studies.