Passionate about the environment? We are looking for young professionals with an environmental background or interest to join our team of volunteer workshop leaders and support the delivery of our WildED programme across London and the South East.
Volunteers will join a team of young conservationists from across the world who bring their real-world experiences to the classroom and show students what being a conservationist can look like.
- help facilitate our WildED workshops
- provide support and guidance for students' environmental action projects
- inspire young people with their experience and expertise.
There will also be additional opportunities to volunteer elsewhere in the charity with our ambassador and outreach events.
Please note: Whilst volunteering commitment is flexible, we would like volunteers, where possible, to commit to attending as many sessions at a school, as this gives volunteers and young people a chance to build rapport. We understand that this is not always feasible and we'd love to hear from you regardless!
- A great opportunity to share your environmental knowledge and passion with a diversity of young people
- A rewarding role that shapes the lives of young people and the environment
- Opportunities to take part in great events and visit exciting locations in London & the South East
- Volunteers who we have built a relationship with are welcome to join us during our free residential summer camps for young people in the beautiful South Downs National Park!
- An insight into the charity sector and youth work
- Improve your professional development skills including public speaking, leadership, and time management.
- Build highly transferable interpersonal skills such as: Listening, Mentoring, Campaigning, Team-work and Teaching
- Opportunities to build connections with the wider environmental education community
- Practical conservation skills as you help young people action their own environmental action projects on site
- Facilitation, Engagement and Safeguarding training
We are looking for people
- with an environmental background or a demonstrable interest in the environment
- who are keen to share their knowledge of and passion for the environment with the young people we work with
Volunteers from all backgrounds and walks of life are very welcome.
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!