Support our Comms team to film key events, interviews and more for our audience. In addition to this, you’ll edit footage for short-form and long-form content. This work is vital to spreading our message!
- Film video content either at our centre or event locations (all London based).
Be mindful when filming/working with clients as some conversations may be difficult, especially when recorded. Editing should always preserve client dignity and put their priorities first.
- Edit content (both short and long form) according to brief. Work with Comms team to adjust drafts as needed.
- Stay up to date with best practices for filming and editing. This includes trends across social media from short-form content.
- Ensure all content is accessible to our audience e.g., include subtitles in your editing.
- Currently, the team uses Canva or x to edit video. Having access to other software, like Final Cut Pro, would be great but not necessary.
- By joining The Connection as a volunteer, you will play a meaningful role in supporting us to be there for people as we support them to recover from homelessness.
- Help to build confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Expand your knowldege.
- Be part of a great team.
- Be in the knowledge that the work you are doing helps to change lives.
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Team Up is looking for dynamic volunteer tutors to help transform the future prospects of underperforming pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!