Migrateful is a charity supporting asylum seekers, refugees & migrants on their journey to integration. We do this by preparing them to lead cookery classes where they share their traditional cuisine and culture with public & private groups.
Sign up for a six week volunteering cycle where you will support the smooth running of our Migrant-led Cookery Classes. You will choose a spot on the same day, at the same time and venue each week for the next six weeks. During each 5.5 hour weekly shift, you might be...
- Helping with set up of the space & cooking stations
- Welcoming participants & ensuring they enjoy themselves
- Keeping stations clear & clean by removing food scraps
- Cleaning equipment
- Washing up & helping facilitator pack up
- Enjoying delicious meal prepared during class
You will be supporting asylum seekers, refugees and migrants on their journey to integration and employment on a weekly basis in a way which fits around your schedule (choosing the same venue, day and time each week). These cycles are also a great way to forge new friendships with your fellow class cycle sidekicks and explore up to six cuisines from across the globe.
- Genuine interest in supporting vulnerable migrants & promoting integration
- Commitment to reliability
- Keen sense of initiative, positive attitude & willingness to get your hands dirty!
2023 6-Week Cycles:
- 3rd April - 15th May
- 15th May - 26th June
- 26th June - 6th July
- August-Dec dates TBC
If you are studying or researching a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths (STEM) related subject and want to volunteer and share your knowledge and experience with young people, you could become a STEM Ambassador.
Do you want to make a real difference to a young person's life? If you are a current university student of any subject (or have graduated within the last 2 years), this opportunity could be for you!